Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

Lent is the 47 days or 6 weeks leading up to Easter. It’s a time for us Christ-followers to devote and dedicate time to God. Many also fast from something during this time. I have never participated in a fast, but have always wanted to. Now I am feeling the need to. I have a lot of things I could chose to abstain from, but the one that really stands out to me is my carbonated beverages. I am constantly drinking a coke and I think that giving that up will really work to make me focus on God. I read somewhere that it takes a gallon of water to undo the damage that one class of coke, or whatever else, does to your kidneys. Wow. My kidneys will certainly be grateful for my choice. I think I will make this a yearly tradition. I need to get closer to my Lord and really focus on what He wants for me in my life. I hope to accomplish this to some degree in the next 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's ambitious! You can do it! I should give up Dr Pepper, but I'm too addicted. Maybe I'll give up exercise (lol).

for stopping by!